11 July 2012

The Second Anniversary of FWS!

This cake is not a lie, but it is yummy. Now, where's the ice cream?
Two yeas ago today, Future War Stories came online with a small post on July 11th, 2010, after the idea of was forged by Nigel and I on the way back from Porsche Driving School in Leeds, Alabama in June of 2010. I very proud of where the blog is today, and  I own a large debt to all of those that have read, commented, and spread the word about this little military science fiction blog. I could not have done it without you and many thanks!
On the two year mark of FWS, I would like to report some changes to the blog. The primary one being that there is only one writer for FWS now. Nigel has chosen to follow a different path, separating from the blog as well as our friendship. However, I wish him well on all of his future endeavors, but I do not think his departure will signal any major change to FWS as a whole.
In other developments, some small changes have being coming over the summer. I've been trying to incorporate how a future military would use the topics we discuss here on the blog and attempting to not write so many posts on firearms and ground or planetside combat. I have also decided not to post anymore flash fiction serials for the present time. I frankly have too many writing projects with the book and blog to devote to a serial, and most did not live up to what I had envisioned original.
Also, I am trying to deep and vary the examples from science fiction I use in the blogpost. Far too many times, I use the same science fiction universes, like Star Trek, or Starship Troopers, and HALO. I am devoting more time to reading MSF novels and exploring other science fiction media to draw greater examples, many taken from your comments and suggestions.
Once again, I would like to thank everyone for every comment, reading, and recommending. FWS is a much better place because of you, the readers and followers.

Stay Frosty!
-William

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your two year anniversary. I accidentally stumbled on your blog, but I'm glad I did!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you did as well! Thanks for reading FWS. We hope you stick around and read some more of FWS!

    ReplyDelete