07 January 2023

FWS Status Update for 2023: What the Hell is Going on with FWS?

 















As of late, FWS has been...dim. Normally, we create around 14-16 articles a year and in 2022, that number dropped to around 11. That is not good and my present on the social media outlets as also not good. That needs to chance or I need to close down FWS and move on to something else. Recently, I have been playing way too much Destiny 2. It is not fair to you dear readers. I want FWS to continue and at times, I am the one that is in the way of the site due to my life. I will endeavor to be better about that. I am exploring the possibility of moving FWS off of blogger to the lack of fixes and updates associated with the site into its own website. Stay tuned for more information. There will be not be any major changes in 2023 and the work of FWS will continue because I need this site for me and my own desires, I hope you do as well. 

So, what topics will be covered in 2023? Here is a teaser...

  • The Jaffa Staff Weapon is being worked on and it has been difficult to write and research. Nearly finished
  • The STARCOM toyline
  • The Jackhammer shotgun
  • The size of outer space and how creators deal with that
  • The profile of the Colonial Military seen in the rebooted Battlestar Galactica
  • The broken promise of season five of Star Trek: Enterprise
  • The Jin-Roh anime
  • The Andromeda TV show is odd
  • Destiny is odd as well
  • The Top 10 Military SF book cover art
  • The Final Countdown 1980 film
  • Military Dogs
  • The Guns of the Future from the film Elysium 
  • The M16
  • Killer Alien Robots from Outer Space
  • Ships of the Line: Explorers
  • HALO: Reach
  • Interceptor/Superior Starfighters 

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the BSG, Enterprise, Andromeda, and Final Countdown posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looking forward to 2023's output. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi William
    I feel your pain, I used to provide new Armory on the clock every 3 months which by the 9th article expanded to a yearlong gap and then once a never… family and day job come before hobbies, as they ought to be.

    As for upcoming articles (yours articles) the guns of Elysium is the most intriguing, for me.
    Neill Blomkamp films are choke to the gills with futuristic and fiendish weaponry. Alas, plotwise both Elysium and Chappie were rather dull.

    Yoel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true words my friend. Family and Job should be the focus, but at times it is hard for me not feel guilty about FWS and that book at I have been picking at. Maybe 2023 is the better year for FWS

      Delete
    2. Hard agree about the weapons in Blomkamp films. I wouldn't call either Elysium or Chappie boring, but they were both disappointing despite some good performances and outstanding production design. I'd still like a sequel to Elysium, called Chemrail: The Movie.

      Delete
  4. Easy now ! You are creating and maintaining FWS for free and as a hobby, You are not obliged to do that, but still do and I am among those that enjoy reading your many and varied post on interesting Sci-fi subjects. You just post something new when you have the time, and I will be gratefull and read it. Stay chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this blog, please keep it up and please keep the content coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check in from time to time, and if there are new posts i consider myself lucky. I was hoping for something on the new Avatar movie, which was an absolute visual triumph and chock-full of awesome scifi vehicles, equipment and other visuals (the utter devastation of firing interstellar engines close to a planet's surface was a highlight for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved this blog and I can't wait to see what is next. Hope to see Legend of the Galactic Heroes covered in the future.

    ReplyDelete