29 July 2010

News from the Front



 Upcoming events on FWS

FWS will be ramping up wartime production in the next couple of weeks. Here is what's upcoming:


  • Review of Armor by John Steakley

  • Review of graphic novel The Forever War Volume I

  • Review of graphic novel The Forever War Volume III

  • The start of our first military flash science fiction serial, Custom. It will be a 10 or 12 part series about Custom soldier Jamie in the Nix War.

  • Nigel and I are busy working on our posts about our take on military sci-fi and why we write in that style. 
More News

-We just recived in from Lone Star Comics, the complete Dynamo Joe comic series for review. Dynamo Joe was printed by First Comics in 1986-1988, and was the one of the first American comics to be done with Japanese Mecha. The series was done by an American writer & artist, Doug Rice.

-Volume Three of the 1990's Forever War grahpic novel is on its way from Mile High Comics! This was a great find for a good price. I have never seen the third volume, let alone seen it for sale.

-I am in the middle of reading Old Man's War by John Scalzi. At this point, I could not be happier with the book. It may be one of the best military sci-fi books I have read since the Forever War.

-Work continues on our novel-sized works. I am at present editing Automatic and writing my next novel, Endangered Species.

 
-Keep Frosty
William

No comments:

Post a Comment