1. The Clan Elemental APS from Battletech
2. The AMP Suit from AVATAR
There is no secret that I fucking love the movie AVATAR and one of the elements I loved most was the live-action badass AMP suit. This one of those design that is both science fiction and science fact, and best of all, the movie highlighted the advantages and disadvantages of APS in combat conditions. The moment, I saw this glorious piece of future technology on the IMAX screen, I knew I had to write a book all about powered armor...and yes, I do own the toy...just don't tell my wife!
3. The Iron Man Suits from Iron Man
There is little doubt in my mind, that without Iron Man first arriving on the scene in 1963 in the jungles of Vietnam, the theme of powered armor as a whole would be less popular and different. Most of the people creating powered armor in science fiction medium today, have read, played with, or watch something to do with Iron Man. I was never much for superhero comics, even when I was a kid, but something about Iron Man got to me, especially how realistic the character of Tony Stark was, and it became one of the few mainstream comics I read and collected starting from around issue 183-216. This red and gold suit has become of the most iconic CLASS-ONE powered armor designs of all time.
4. The Bioroids from ROBOTECH: The Masters
5. The DRAGOON Class APS from Endangered Species
6. The MJOLNIR Powered Armor from HALO
7. The Hardsuits from Bubblegum Crisis
8. The Powered Armour of the Space Marines from Warhammer 40K
9. The MOX-16 "Shitkicker" from ALIENS: Tribes
that were used for one purpose, killing.This dude encased armor and guns is one bad mother fucker, and the writing in the pages of the comic is prefect...I could never write anything that good. In the near future, FWS will cover the grim beauty is that ALIENS: Tribes.
10. The CryNet Nanosuit from Crysis